The Nitecore Explorer EA2 is an incredibly innovative every day carry (EDC) torch, which seems to incorporate the best features of many other lights with some new ideas from the Nitecore engineers.
The most distinctive features of this LED light, and the entire Explorer series, are the dual-button setup and the red LED indicator. The dual-button user interface (UI) is very intuitive and gives access to 5 lighting modes (Ultra Low-Low-Med-High-Turbo) and 2 hidden flashing modes (SOS and Strobe), which can be accessed quickly. A memory function allows you to set a preferred lighting mode.
The red LED on the buttons panel is truly innovative as it has multiple uses. Firstly, it provides a bright red light, which you can use for close-up illumination and to preserve your natural night vision. It also acts as an indicator to alert you when the battery needs changing/ recharging and functions as a clever device to help you locate the torch at night. It could also be used for night hiking, to give people behind you a light to follow.
Other features worth noting here are the titanium-plated stainless steel, two-way, anti-roll clip (can also be used for mounting the EA2 onto a baseball cap for hands-free illumination), and the completely flat tail-cap that allows for easy tail-standing to illuminate a room or tent.
The EA2 uses 2x AA (Alkaline, NiMH or NiCd) batteries to supply a max output of 280 ANSI lumens and a max runtime of 150 hours from its XP-G R5 LED. A deep, smooth reflector (claimed to be the largest in its class) can throw a beam out to 141m, which is very good.
The Explorer EA2 is an ideal LED torch for everyday use, camping, fishing, hunting, hiking and general outdoor tasks.
- LED Type: Very bright CREE XP-G R5 with life span of up to 50,000 hrs.
- Battery: 2 x AA Batteries
- Function: There are 5 lighting modes (Micro - Low - Med - High - Turbo), which are accessed by clicking the "MODE" button. There are also 2 flashing modes (stobe and SOS), which can be accessed by holding the ON/OFF switch for more than 1 second. A red LED on the buttons panel provides low level illumination (0.2 lumens) which is sufficient for close-up work and protects your natural night vision. The red LED can also be used as an indicator so that the torch is easy to locate in the dark.
- Features: Tailstand - to illuminate a room. 2-way pocket clip which can be used to attach the torch to a cap, so it can be used as a head torch.
- Switch: Dual side switch. Modes can be cycled by clicking the "MODE" button.
- Performance: Highly efficient performance due to the digitally regulated output, which maintains constant brightness.
- Protection: Reverse polarity protection circuit protects against incorrect insertion of batteries. Sealed with O-rings for excellent water resistance and improved service life. Waterproof and Dust Resistant to IPX-8.
- Dimension: 131mm (Length), 25.4mm (Head), 19mm (Body)
- Weight: 64g (without battery).
- Finish: HAIII military grade hard-anodized.
- Reflector: Elaborate alloy reflector is purpose-designed for long throw
- Lens: Toughened, ultra clear glass with dual-side anti-reflective coating
What you get
Printed Nitecore packaging containing:
- Nitecore Explorer EA2 torch
- Quality Holster with D-Ring
- Spare O-ring
- User Information with 18 Month Warranty
- 2x AA Batteries FREE
This torch comes with an 18 month warranty from the manufacturer, Nitecore. See the User Manual that comes with the torch.
Turn Power On/ Off
Press the "On/Off" button once to turn the light on. Press the "On/Off" button once to turn the light off. Note: When the EA2 is off, the power indicator (red light) will flash once every 3 seconds to act as a locator.
When the torch is on, click the "MODE" button to access the 5 lighting modes (Micro - Low - Med - High - Turbo). The 2 flashing modes (stobe and SOS) can be accessed by holding the ON/OFF switch for more than 1 second.
Output & Runtimes
Based on 2x AA batteries:
- Micro Mode: 3 Lumens (150 hrs)
- Low Mode: 15 Lumens (30 hrs)
- Medium Mode: 60 Lumens (8 hrs)
- High Mode: 200 Lumens (2 hrs)
- Turbo Mode: 280 Lumens (-)
You may return most new, unopened items within 14 working days of delivery for a full refund, you may return defective items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We will cover the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of handing your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund quicker. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please contact us or simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
A completed copy of our returns form must be included with your return, you can download our returns form online, click here.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Please note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations, in which case you will not be able to complete checkout.
When you place an order, shipping methods and prices are displayed at checkout, please select the appropriate delivery method to your destination.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Finance is offered through DekoPay (formally Pay4Later). If you wish to take finance on your order, please go to checkout as normal and select 'Finance' as your payment method. You will then receive an email/link to go to the finance application form. If you have any queries or would like us to process your finance application over the phone, just give us a call on 01535 611688.
*Please note that finance is not available on sale items and any order placed via finance which includes discounted sale items may be cancelled at our discretion.
Click on the orange bar below to view the repayment options. Or click here for more information.