Nitecore Explorer EA1 AA Flashlight with XP-G R5 LED & 180 Lumens
The Nitecore Explorer EA1 is an incredibly innovative every day carry (EDC) torch, which seems to incorporate the best features of many other lights with some new ideas from the Nitecore engineers.
The most distinctive features of this LED light, and the entire Explorer series, are the dual-button setup and the red LED indicator. The dual-button user interface (UI) is very intuitive and gives access to 5 lighting modes (Ultra Low-Low-Med-High-Turbo) and 2 hidden flashing modes (SOS and Strobe), which can be accessed quickly. A memory function allows you to set a preferred lighting mode.
The red LED on the buttons panel is truly innovative as it has multiple uses. Firstly, it provides a bright red light, which you can use for close-up illumination and to preserve your natural night vision. It also acts as an indicator to alert you when the battery needs changing/ recharging and functions as a clever device to help you locate the torch at night. It could also be used for night hiking, to give people behind you a light to follow.
Other features worth noting here are the titanium-plated stainless steel, two-way, anti-roll clip (can also be used for mounting the EA1 onto a baseball cap for hands-free illumination), and the completely flat tail-cap that allows for easy tail-standing to illuminate a room or tent.
The EA1 uses 1x AA (Alkaline, NiMH or NiCd) battery to supply a max output of 180 ANSI lumens and a max runtime of 80 hours from its XP-G R5 LED. A deep, smooth reflector (claimed to be the largest in its class) can throw a beam out to 100m, which is extremely good for an AA battery LED torch of this size.
The Explorer EA1 is an ideal LED pocket torch for everyday use, camping, fishing, hunting, hiking and general outdoor tasks.
- LED Type: Very bright CREE XP-G R5 with life span of up to 50,000 hrs.
- Battery: 1 x AA Battery
- Function: There are 5 lighting modes (Micro - Low - Med - High - Turbo), which are accessed by clicking the "MODE" button. There are also 2 flashing modes (strobe and SOS), which can be accessed by holding the ON/OFF switch for more than 1 second. A red LED on the buttons panel provides low level illumination (0.2 lumens) which is sufficient for close-up work and protects your natural night vision. The red LED can also be used as an indicator so that the torch is easy to locate in the dark.
- Features: Tailstand - to illuminate a room. 2-way pocket clip which can be used to attach the torch to a cap, so it can be used as a head torch.
- Switch: Dual side switch. Modes can be cycled by clicking the "MODE" button.
- Performance: Highly efficient performance due to the digitally regulated output, which maintains constant brightness.
- Protection: Reverse polarity protection circuit protects against incorrect insertion of batteries. Sealed with O-rings for excellent water resistance and improved service life. Waterproof and Dust Resistant to IPX-8.
- Dimension: 81mm (Length), 25.4mm (Head), 19mm (Body)
- Weight: 47.5g (without battery).
- Finish: HAIII military grade hard-anodized.
- Reflector: Elaborate alloy reflector is purpose-designed for long throw
- Lens: Toughened, ultra clear glass with dual-side anti-reflective coating
What you get
Printed Nitecore packaging containing:
- Nitecore Explorer EA1 torch
- Quality Holster with D-Ring
- Spare O-ring
- User Information with 18 Month Warranty
- 1x AA Battery FREE
This torch comes with an 18 month warranty from the manufacturer, Nitecore. See the User Manual that comes with the torch.
Turn Power On/ Off
Press the "On/Off" button once to turn the light on. Press the "On/Off" button once to turn the light off. Note: When the EA1 is off, the power indicator (red light) will flash once every 3 seconds to act as a locator.
When the torch is on, click the "MODE" button to access the 5 lighting modes (Micro - Low - Med - High - Turbo). The 2 flashing modes (stobe and SOS) can be accessed by holding the ON/OFF switch for more than 1 second.
Output & Runtimes
Based on 1x AA battery:
- Micro Mode: 2 Lumens (80 hrs)
- Low Mode: 12 Lumens (17 hrs)
- Medium Mode: 40 Lumens (5 hrs)
- High Mode: 100 Lumens (2 hrs 20 mins)
- Turbo Mode: 180 Lumens (-)
0% finance is available on all orders over £275 from our finance partner Pay4Later. You can choose from 6, 10 or 12 months 0% interest, with as little as 10% deposit and up to a maximum of 50%. Simply select "Finance" at the checkout and click on the link to Pay4Later.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call us on 01535 610066 and we can guide you through the whole process.