The S65 Baton is a high power LED torch that runs on six AA batteries and uses a super bright Cree XM-L LED, which outputs a maximum 700 out-the-front (OTF) lumens and throws the beam up to 250m.
This is one of the best AA battery torches we have tested. Not just for the output and beam throw, but also for its intuitive, single button user interface (UI), which includes three light modes (Low-Mid-High) and also a strobe mode - accessed by two quick clicks of the button.
There's also a memory function that remembers the last mode you used; the body offers good grip with or without gloves; it can tail-stand in order to be used to illuminate a room; a diffuser cap is supplied so the S65 can be used to provide a wide and soft light source of light, which is ideal for camping or close range use; then there's the exceptional build quality, the lock function to prevent accidental activation and the low voltage indication.
The S65 Baton will be great for anyone who wants to use AA batteries and also for police security, camping and general home use.
For a rechargeable version, take a look at the Olight S80 Baton...
- LED Type: Ultra bright CREE XM-L with life span of up to 50,000 hrs.
- Battery: 6x AA Batteries
- Function: Low-Med-High and there is also a Strobe mode. Click the button to switch on/off. When on, press and hold the button - the torch will cycle through the modes. Release the button to select a mode. To access strobe when torch is on, double-click the button. There is also a clever lock function, so it cannot be accidentally activated while being carried or by a small child.
- Switch: Protruding foward clicky side switch with momentary-on function and lock-out function to prevent accidental activation.
- Performance: Advanced digital power management provides the best smooth beam and even brightness during the battery lifetime.
- Protection: Sealed with O-rings for excellent water resistance and improved service life. Waterproof and Dust Resistant to IPX-8
- Dimension: 180mm (L), 39.7mm (D)
- Weight: 219g (without battery)
- Finish: Rugged stainless steel body with HA Type III anodising
- Reflector: Orange peel to provide a smooth, flawless beam.
- Lens: Hardened ultra clear lens, anti-scratching with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- Active Thermal Management: Internal circuits can detect if the temperature goes above 85ºC and then regulates the light output to lower the temperature.
What you get
A hard plastic case, securely containing:
- 1 x Olight S65 Baton (XM-L LED)
- 1 x Holster with belt loop and D-ring.
- Split-ring for lanyard attachment
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
- 6 Free AA Batteries
This torch comes with a 24 month warranty from the manufacturer, Olight.
Turn Power On/ Off
Pressing the side switch will turn the power On/ Off. Holding the side switch will activate momentary-on.
When on, press and hold the button - the torch will cycle through the modes. Release the button to select a mode. To access strobe when torch is on, double-click the button.
- Memory Function: When torch is on, select preferred mode. Click off with side switch. The torch will remember the last mode when switched on again.
- Lock-out: Hold the side switch until the light runs through the mode cycles and switches off. The light cannot be activated until the button is clicked 3 times within 1 second.
Output & Runtimes
- Low Mode: 20 Lumens (360 hrs)
- Medium Mode: 200 Lumens (5.3 hrs)
- High Mode: 700 Lumens (1.3 hrs)
- Strobe Mode: 700 Lumens (3 hrs)
Tactical /Police & Security /Hunting /Airsoft /Every day /Camping & Outdoor /Urban Exploration /Urban Exploration /Personal Protection
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.