The Axion is an ultra-compact, lightweight, handheld thermal imaging monocular, that is available in three models; Key XM30, XM30 and XM38. With detection ranges of up to 1700m and native magnification of up to 5.5x with optimal 4x digital zoom, depending on the model.
The Axion has many new and important features, first and foremost is its sensor. The Axion Thermal Imaging Monocular uses a new 320x240 thermal sensor with a 12µm pixel pitch, which also helps to reduce overall unit size.
This reduction in pixel pitch will result in images having smoother edges, more detailed thermal mapping and offer a greater ability to recognise and identify objects over an equivalent sized sensor with a 17µm pixel pitch.
The Axion is perfectly suited to outdoor conditions, with a robust magnesium bodyshell, an IPX7 protection rating (fully waterproof), 1024x768 AMOLED (Non-Key models) HD micro-displays and can perform in both hot & freezing temperatures.
The Axion comes equipped with its own internal stadiametric rangefinder, which helps aid observers in estimating target distances with the height of known objects. Additionally, Axion units have up to eight colour palettes to help enhance observation in varying conditions.
Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode, upon activation, displays a second image with magnification in the top part of the Axion’s display screen. This small image helps to zoom in on a target while retaining the rest of the field of view, maximising situational awareness.
The Axion’s built-in WiFi module means owners will be able to make use of Pulsar’s Free Stream Vision App. Stream Vision allows you to remote control the Axion, set-up the Axion as a motion detector, transfer & share images to your smartphone or tablet and even live stream footage to online web platforms. (Please Note: Stream Vision & WiFi functionality is only available to non-key models.)
In addition to this, Non-Key models feature an on-board photo & video recorder, which can save footage directly to the devices 16GB internal memory, allowing users to capture their experiences easily.
The Axion has an instant start-up and an instant ‘display-off’ mode, which helps to save energy and prolong the operation time of the unit and its dedicated B-Pack Mini Power System. The APS Battery Pack system offers an ultra-lightweight, quick-change power option that provides up to 4 hours of operating time to Axion units. APS Battery Packs can be charged by USB through its intended unit or an APS Battery Charger (Which fits two APS Battery Packs).
- Long detection range
- Exceptional image quality via a 320x240 12µm thermal sensor
- Built-In Video recorder & still image capture
- Built-in Wi-Fi module
- Stream Vision Compatible
- Up to four hours of battery power
- Utilises a new quick-change battery (APS 3)
- Stadiametric rangefinder
- 16GB of internal memory
- AMOLED 1024x768 display
- Ultra-Compact size
- Robust & lightweight magnesium alloy bodyshell
- Multiple colour palettes
- Picture-in-Picture mode
- Includes ¼" Tripod Mount
FeaturesHigh resolution 320x240
- The Axion Series is fitted with an uncooled micro-bolometric matrix - 320x240px with 12µm pixel pitch – that provides highly detailed images.
- Axion models have up to 4x digital zoom, resulting in high total magnifications.
- At a high refresh rate of 50Hz, the Axion Series provides comfortable viewing throughout dynamic, rapid motion.
- Depending on the model, Axion thermal imaging monoculars can detect man-size heat signatures up to 1700 metres away.
- Capturing still images and video is seamless with the Axion’s built-in video recorder. Image and video content is stored internally (up to 16GB) and can easily be transferred to PC/laptop via wired connection or Wi-Fi. Non-Key models only.
- The Axion has the ability to link via Wi-Fi the device with Android and iOS based mobile units using the free mobile application Stream Vision. The Stream Vision software connects the device with Android/iOS devices which enables you to receive footage in real time mode, to distantly operate the device with your smartphone and to stream the footage captured by the device to direct to Youtube. (Non-Key models only)
- All Axion's include a progressive autonomous B-Pack Mini Power Supply consisting of a quick-detach, rechargeable APS 3, battery pack designed to deliver up to 4 hours of operation.
- Based on the estimated heights of observed objects, the stadiametric rangefinding reticle makes determining distances fast, easy, reliable and repeatable.
- IPX7 waterproof-rated protection ensures the Axion performs perfectly in wet weather, even during intense rain, snowfall and submersion in 3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes. (IEC 60529).
- With a frost-resistant AMOLED display, the Axion thermal imaging scope is designed to deliver flawless performance at an extreme temperature range of -25°C to +50°C (for non-key models) and -10°C to +50°C (for key models).
- The ergonomic, wireless remote control, with encoder wheel, puts the full range of the Axion’s capabilities at your fingertips for comfortable, convenient, hands-off operation.
- The Axion is designed with ease-of-operation in mind. User feedback has resulted in the most user friendly interface to date, complete with an easy-to-read, icon-driven, alpha-numeric status bar at the bottom of the display. Internal menu items and options are also displayed on a contrasting gradient substrate so you can keep an eye on settings without losing sight of your objective.
- For initial setup and additional updates, the iOS and Android compatible Stream Vision App ensures the most recent Axion software versions are available. (Non-Key models only)
- Magnification: 4.0x to 16.0x (4x Digital Zoom)
- Horizontal Field of View: 7.8°x5.9°
- Detection Range: 1300m
- Thermal Sensor: 320x240 12µm
- Operating Temperatures: -25°C to +50°C
What you get
- Pulsar Axion XM30
- APS3 Rechargeable Battery
- APS Battery Charger
- Mains Charger
- USB Cable
- Cleaning Cloth
- Quick-start Guide
This comes with a 3 year warranty from Pulsar. See the User Manual that comes with the Pulsar Axion XM30.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Finance is offered through DekoPay (formally Pay4Later). If you wish to take finance on your order, please go to checkout as normal and select 'Finance' as your payment method. You will then receive an email/link to go to the finance application form. If you have any queries or would like us to process your finance application over the phone, just give us a call on 01535 611688.
Click on the orange bar below to view the repayment options. Or click here for more information.